(as of Feb 05,2021 08:03:12 UTC – Details)
Thanks to the decreasing cost of prototyping, it’s more feasible for professional makers and first-time entrepreneurs to launch a hardware startup. But exactly how do you go about it? This book provides the roadmap and best practices you need for turning a product idea into a full-fledged business.
Written by three experts from the field, The Hardware Startup takes you from idea validation to launch, complete with practical strategies for funding, market research, branding, prototyping, manufacturing, and distribution. Two dozen case studies of real-world startups illustrate possible successes and failures at every stage of the process.
- Validate your idea by learning the needs of potential users
- Develop branding, marketing, and sales strategies early on
- Form relationships with the right investment partners
- Prototype early and often to ensure you’re on the right path
- Understand processes and pitfalls of manufacturing at scale
- Jumpstart your business with the help of an accelerator
- Learn strategies for pricing, marketing, and distribution
- Be aware of the legal issues your new company may face