(as of Jan 19,2021 20:31:24 UTC – Details)
The professional advice and the sheer beauty of these projects make this title a must-have reference for every power carver!
- The go-to reference for power carving, updated and revised
- Expanded reviews featuring the latest tools: A complete buyer’s guide to exciting new tools from Dremel, Foredom, and other manufacturers
- 22 step-by-step projects from Woodcarving Illustrated magazine—the woodcarver’s authoritative source for 20 years: Including birds, fish, mammals, walking sticks, and more
- Contributions from today’s top names in woodcarving: Frank Russell, Jack Kochan, Wanda Marsh, Lori Corbett, Chuck Solomon, Dave Hamilton
- Over 550 stunning photos of tools, finished work, and step-by-step techniques
Improved performance, versatile attachments, and lower prices have placed power tools within the reach of every woodworker. Celebrating 20 years of power carving wizardry, this big book presents all-time favorite projects and patterns from Woodcarving Illustrated, the leading how-to magazine for carving enthusiasts.
If you have been thinking about trying your hand at power carving, or are looking to expand your power carving skills, this powerhouse collection is exactly what you need. It features a stunning gallery of work and a complete buyer’s guide to exciting new tools from Dremel, Foredom, and other manufacturers.
Covering everything from the basics of safety to the strategy for texturing feathers, Power Carving Manual, Second Edition offers expert information, insight, and inspiration from today’s top power carvers, including Frank Russell, Jack Kochan, Wanda Marsh, Lori Corbett, Chuck Solomon, and Dave Hamilton.
Projects featured in Power Carving Manual, Updated & Expanded Second Edition include:
- The American Woodcock
- Black Bear
- Carve and Paint a Killdeer
- Carving a Cascading Ribbon Heart Pendant
- Carving a Rattle Stick
- Carving Habitat: Twig
- Contemporary Primitive Loon Decoy
- Creating a Musical Mouse
- Decorative Cardinal
- Making a Comfort Bird
- Making a Realistic Bluegill Pin
- Maple Leaf Earrings
- Maple Leaf Pin
- Power Carving a Duck in Relief
- Power Carving a Polar Bear
- Power Carving an American Bison in Relief
- Relief Carve a Whimsical House
- Roly-Poly Hedgehog
- Santa Caricature
- Turning Over a New Leaf Carved Bowl
- Walking Stick Wizard
- Wood Wizard Cypress Knee