The official Pokemon GO website has detailed the events taking place this April. As it is April Fools Day tomorrow, Niantic, the developers, have teased that tricky and mischievous Pokemon will be appearing in the wild. Also the new referral program is available to users worldwide which means if you invite a friend to play and they then decide to give it a go then you will receive a free gift.Here’s a step by step guide to how it works:
- Go to the Friends screen and tap Invite to get a referral code.
- Share that code with a friend who’s new to Pokémon GO or who hasn’t played in at least 90 days.
- Once they input the referral code – either during the sign-up process or later on the Friends screen – the two of you start receiving rewards.
- As your friend reaches milestones on their journey, you both receive more rewards.
New Features for April:
- Pokémon prone to mischief—like Aipom, Croagunk, and Purrloin—will be appearing more often in the wild!
- Sources tell us that Team GO Rocket Grunts will only have Shadow Aipom on their teams during the event. They thought catching Aipom would put a stop to their pranks—but how wrong they were!
- Team GO Rocket will be appearing more often at PokéStops and in balloons.
- The Team GO Rocket Timed Research launching during this event will be available from Thursday, April 1, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time. Complete it within that time to earn a Super Rocket Radar and other rewards!
- The switch timer in the GO Battle League will be cut in half! Could this be more Pokémon mischief at work?
- Take a few snapshots for a surprise!
- Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event, so be sure to catch Pokémon that Ditto are known to transform into! We’ve also received reports of Ditto transforming into one more Pokémon species than before, and it seems this phenomenon will continue after the event concludes.